Our preschoolers at the beginning of the year began to learn about shapes and colors! The first shape they learned about was a circle. In working with our amazing art teacher Mrs. Zapata, the children learned all about circles, sizes, and began to explore colors! After reading the stories, “The Dot” and “Press Here” by Peter H. Reynolds, the children were exploring and finding circles and color combinations everywhere we turned! This led us into a color study! We began with the story, “Little Blue, Little Yellow” by Leo Lionni! When the two colors “hugged”, they became a new color! Take a look at our video to see what the children came up with next…check out the link below!
Introducing to you the kids in room 121 for the 2018-2019 School Year!
Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year!!!
Welcome back everyone! We hope you had a wonderful summer, and are gearing up for a wonderful year of learning through play! We are excited to see everyone, and can’t wait to share with you all the new changes to our preschool program! It is going to be a great year.
Back to School Festival is on Thursday, August 30th from 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- Please come to our classroom from 3:00-4:00 p.m. to fill out the new paperwork and forms. If you are unable to attend, I will send it home with your child on the first day of school.
- This is the day to come in and take pictures of your child at school and for them to see their cubby, learn their shape, and see the classroom before the first day. We will not be allowing families to walk in on the first day due to the amount of people. This is enforced and requested by administration for safety of students and staff. We strongly encourage you to attend on Thursday.
- Please drop off any school supplies you might have gotten over the summer for us on Thursday. We need the following:
- 2 Liquid hand soaps or 1 refill bottle (Seventh Generation preferred)
- 2 Containers Cleaning wipes (ie. Clorox)
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- 2 boxes of Kleenex
- 1 box of baby wipes
- 2 Scotch tape rolls
- 1 pack of Elmer’s Glue Sticks
- 1 ream of white copy paper OR colored Astro-Brite Paper
***Remember to bring your child’s extra change of clothes for his/her cubby bin on Thursday, August 30th! The change of clothes should be labeled with your child’s name written on a large Ziploc bag. (Extra change of clothes consist of: 2 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of underwear, 2 pairs of socks).***
EVERY CHILD WILL NEED FOR THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL:
– Backpack (please make sure they are not the little ones because it makes it hard for them to put in their folder and other items independently).
– One folder with two pockets- please write your child’s name on it with room 121.
– Change of clothes in gallon Ziploc Bag for their cubby.
If you or someone you know has a child that will be 3 or 4 by September 1, 2018, please have them go apply online at chicagoearlylearning.org between April 30-May 11th.
We are hoping to get everyone registered and enrolled BEFORE the end of the school year to ensure a smooth transition into next school year.
If you have any questions, please call the parent hotline at 312-229-1690
On Thursday, February 15th, our annual visit from the Khol’s Children’s Museum Storybus came to Peirce School. All Preschool and Kindergarten students were able to visit the StoryBus, and visit the fairy tale of “The Little Red Hen”.
Inside, children stepped inside this classic tale and became the characters of the story. They used many mathematic skills by measuring, counting, identifying numerals, shapes, and colors! They demonstrated their traveling skills, balancing skills, and gross-motor manipulative skills! During their time on the bus, each child worked on regulating their own emotions and behaviors, and learning to participate cooperatively and constructively in a confined space! We were in awe at how well the children did! Let’s not forget the amazing literacy and language components that were involved throughout our visit in the StoryBus! Wow! What an amazing learning day through play and exploration!
Click on the link below to enjoy our picture slideshow!
Last week, the children showered Miss Santiago and I with lots of love and fun! We had such a wonderful day filled with bead pattern bracelet making, enjoying a sweet snack, counting, sorting, and graphing candy hearts, and helping the children pass out Valentine’s for the first time! (What a hoot that was!)
Thank you for sharing your little valentine’s with us this year! They truly warm our hearts, and we are so grateful you entrust us to help nurture and care for them each and everyday!
Enjoy our Valentine’s Day celebration video! Click on the link below!
We were busy little learners in January! The children are off to a great start in 2018! We are learning how to be independent, and even began our partnership with Design Dance! Miss Mack our dance teacher is amazing! We feel so fortunate for the opportunity! Check out January’s happenings in the video link below!